Monday, September 1, 2008

Wowsie Wowsie Woo

Rainy days and Sundays always get me down. Or maybe its just the rainy Sunday that Dave leaves for three and a half weeks. Yesterday was a total waste. I thought a good rival to the rain (and issues of abandonment) would be a rousing game of Mexican Train Dominoes, so I invited the girls over and made a pitcher of margaritas, but that ended up totally falling through. So instead of finding something else to do, I moped. I ate crappy food, watched crappy tv, drank the afore mentioned margaritas, and became totally addicted to Collapse (high score: 11158).

I did manage to end on a high note - I enjoyed the thunder, lightening, pouring rain, and cool temperature snuggled under a big blankie and watching Talk to Me, about 1960s radio DJ Petey Greene. It was really, really good! I highly recommend it.

I went to bed feeling like I was going to wake up energized and ready to take September by storm. But that didn't work out so well. Its 6:00 p.m. and I'm still in my jammies. My hair is still gross. And there's an America's Next Top Model marathon on. Shit. I guess I'm done for the day. I did vacuum my entire one-bedroom condo, in an attempt to not feel like a complete waste.

Before Dave left, he did remind me that Monday is a holiday, so technically I don't have to start kicking ass until Tuesday. Well, Tuesday, brace yourself. I'm coming for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To take it to heart too much, a good metal health day before taking over the skin care/make-up world is strongly recommended by the powers that be. How could you be expected to kick some ass when you are tired?? Good luck! I am envious of your ability to take control of your future in such a powerful way. :)

Anonymous said...

time to LOCK IT UP !!!!

Anonymous said...

If you need stuff to do there is a brother that is always in need of help. And a baby is at his house too.