Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baby's First Walk

Remember how a year ago I ran a half marathon? I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I became incredibly, unbelievably, embarrassingly lazy after that. Hardly a workout. It got to the point where, a couple of weeks ago, when Dave and I hiked the Albion Basin Trail, I became incredibly, unbelievably, embarrassingly nauseous. I mean, come on.

So I decided I would work walking and yoga into my weekly plan for my new life. This morning I went over to Sugarhouse Park for a couple of laps. I was quickly and surprisingly (or maybe just quickly) out of breath. But, after two days of rain, rain, rain, the park was sunny and beautiful and peaceful and quiet. And they even provide you with this word of encouragement:

3 comments:

Jane said...

I am so glad to know I am not the only one. I ran (walked/jogged to be accurate) for the first time a few weeks ago since running the half marathon in April. I felt so out of shape too.

Erin Alberty said...

I barfed all over the trail on my first hike in the Wasatch. Know that you have company!

Anonymous said...

Once again.....time to LOCK IT UP !