Thursday, September 4, 2008

Winner Winner Ham Dinner

I like turkey slices. Sometimes on a sandwich. Sometimes rolled up with a slice of white american cheese, also known as a "turkey doobie" thanks to Doug Heffernan.

My turkey of choice is Boarshead Oven Gold. Smith's has been running a promotion with Boarshead lately and every time I bought some turkey, they made me enter this raffle. Today, they called me to tell me I WON! Oh my god! "What did I win?" I asked. "A hat and a ham, I think," was the answer.

I went to pick it up and it was true - I won a hat, a ham, and some glaze, in this lovely display box...
The presentation was a lot better when it was one whole ham. But I had to have them slice it so I could freeze it. I got more sandwich-sized slices than I can possibly eat, and a ton of thick slices for cubing. The girl at the deli suggested au gratin potatoes with ham. I think I'll try to recreate the alfredo from Este. And I'm open to suggestions for the rest...

4 comments:

Kate said...

You WON! You WON! I never win anything, so I get pretty excited when other people do.

Jessica said...

I love winning (but rarely do). One year for Christmas my hubby's office sent us 2 hams. 2! I don't even like ham and it was WAY more pork than the hubby could eat on his own. We gave one away and threw out about half of the other. They should have let you pick a turkey.

Bethers said...

It looks delicious!

Weber said...

That's awesome - it looks yummy - I love winning prizes.
- Mom