Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Comforts of Home

I'm in love with live music. This week alone, I've seen Arcade Fire, Erykah Badu, and Los Lonely Boys. And I've finally discovered my favorite venue. My living room. Seriously.

I've seen them all without shelling out a single penny for a cover charge or a brewskie. I've seen them all in high def, which is more clear than if I were standing in a smokey bar. I've seen them all without standing on my tippie-toes. I've seen them all without standing, period. I've seen them all without being shoved by a drunk, smelly hippie. I've seen them all at a volume that I find comfortable and doesn't leave my ears bleeding. I've seen them all and have still gotten into bed no later than 11:00 p.m. every night.

And there's plenty more to see On Demand. Whenever I so desire. Today I might see Beck. Or The Who. Or the Wu-Tang Clan. How will I ever decide?

2 comments:

Rich said...

On demand? What am I missing?
--DAD

Michelle said...

Ya, and the best part is... if you have to pee. The concert will stop and wait for you to get back so you don't miss anything!