Saturday, June 9, 2007

Heart of Holladay 5K

Maybe I'm not so crazy after all. Running alone is hard. And boring. And hard. I'll admit it. But when you're running, surrounded by other runners, and the sun is rising over Mount Olympus, and there's a great album on your iPod (this morning it was ALO's Fly Between Falls), its not so hard.

I can do this times 4. I just to need to find three or four more albums where every time a track changes, I get a huge grin on my face, imagine I'm on Jam Cruise, and think to myself, "God, I love this song!" I can imagine that the view along the 13.1 miles in Moab is going to be just as, if not more, spectacular than the view of the sun coming up over Mount Olympus. I can do this. I will do this. I'm running a half marathon. Go me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go You! You CAN do it.

Sarah Bellum said...

I still think you're nuts, but an impressive nuts! Go you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and I guess you've talked me into it. I'll register today. And I love the way you wrote it. We have to start lengthening runs, soon. Let me know when you're ready. I'm going for 6-8 today.

Diane said...

Good luck on the run, Jessica! This is Diane from VIP, and, although this has nothing to do with running (although, I guess she *is* a runner), I want to thank you for turning Kate on to blogging. She *is* incredible! I've always thought she was funny, but now I realize she is an absolute *hoot*!