Tuesday, June 12, 2007

202 Attorneys

I was given a list of 202 attorneys, all of whom had been invited to an event we are hosting next week, and was asked to call them to confirm their attendance.

27 said yes
42 said no
1 said he doesn't take these kinds of calls at work
2 asked me to call back later in the week
6 are no longer with the firm we thought they were with
3 I simply can't find
and 121 got the exact same voicemail from me

If you've never left 121 of the same voicemail...well, it makes you tired. It hurts your neck. It makes you mumble under your breath from time to time, "kill me now." Basically, it turns you into a whiney baby. Just ask my new office-mate, Marissa. She was fortunate enough to hear it all.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

That is 201 more attorneys than you want in one room at any given time anyway, Jessica. IMHO, of course.