Friday, December 21, 2007

No Possible Weigh

I visited my doctor on the way to work this morning. It was very very snowy, and as a result the nurse was not in quite yet. So my doctor asked the receptionist lady to weigh me and show me to my room. I stepped on the scale and up popped a number I do not wish to disclose. I looked at the receptionist lady who was just standing there staring at the readout. I was wondering if she was going to write it down or if I should just step off the scale when she finally said, with as much disbelief as a girl can have in her voice, "I don't think that's right."

I started laughing and said, "That's very sweet of you, but that number is indeed accurate."

With the sound of disbelief and the look of shock not going anywhere, she said, "I can't believe that. I would never have guessed that. I wouldn't make a very good nurse."

I assured her that she makes the best nurse ever.

1 comment:

Rich said...

My goal is to gain as much weight as possible before New Years. I've often heard that heavier people have a tendency to lose weight faster. Therefore, I should be able to lose my 10 lb. plus weight gain in no time flat.
.....Weber