Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Dream About the Nap

The other day I was napping and dreamt about my nap.

In real life and in my dream, I was tired and watching tv, as I often am on a Sunday. I had plans with my friend Dave that evening, and knew I needed to call him to figure out what we would be doing, but it was only 12:20 and I figured I'd be a better conversationalist post-my nap, which I anticipated lasting about an hour.

In my dream, I woke up and realized it was getting dark-ish outside. I checked the time - 5:30. Shit! I felt like a jerk for not calling Dave sooner, and felt surprised that he hadn't called me either. So I called, and he told me that he had actually decided to go shopping instead, and we weren't going to be hanging out. Fine then.

This all felt very real. Until my phone woke me up, and I realized that in real life it was only 1:00 and sunny. It was Dave calling to offer up dinner and a movie, not to ditch me. Phew.

P.S. We saw No Country For Old Men, and I'm sorry to everyone who thinks its the best movie ever of all time...I didn't like it. It weirded me out.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You sure are remembering a lot of your dreams these days. Do you always do that?

Jessica Oakley said...

I know, right? I used to remember lots of dreams when I was in college. I kept a dream journal next to my bed and I'd write something down almost every morning. But I had a lapse for the past few years. I'm hoping that if I start blogging my dreams, they'll start coming back to me...