Thursday, August 16, 2007

You Were Missing Me?

Hello Readers! (And by readers, I mean Sarah.)

You may or may not know that I used to teach preschool to kidlettes who, for the most part, spoke English as their second language. They would say the cutest things. One of my favorites came the day after I was out sick. One of my dang cute little girls said, "Yesica, yesterday you were sick? I was missing you."

As it turns out, you, readers (and by readers, I mean Sarah) have been missing me. I apologize for my absence from blogworld. I assure you I have not been sick, but since I returned from Island Park, I have been rather busy...
...traveling to Port Heuneme, CA
...training for a half marathon
...volunteering at Red Butte concerts
...attempting to become a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
...attending Gallivan concerts
and
...planning and playing kickball

You would think that at least one of those things would inspire some good blog material. And I'm sure they have. But I just haven't noticed. Because I do my best blogging at work, and at work I've been rather busy...
...planning a donor cultivation event for Salt Lake City
...planning a donor cultivation event for Ogden, and traveling there to make it happen
...creating a video about two of our matches
...planning a fundraising breakfast that will take place in Salt Lake, Park City, AND Saint George
...doing presentations at rotaries in exotic, far away cities like Midway
...trying to become emotionally prepared for Bowl for Kids' Sake, which is in the not too distant future
AND
...trying to become emotionally prepared to put on our first ever Chef & Child fund raising gala, which will immediately follow Bowl for Kids' Sake

Oh god. I'm having an aneurysm.

3 comments:

Weber said...

Sarah was not the only one missing you. You're still funny even though it all seems overwhelming. You go girl!

Sarah Bellum said...

Jess, make sure to get some downtime. Remember brain aneurysms result in zero blogging. Ack!

Anonymous said...

Careful of that aneurysm thingy. I hear they're a pain in the ass, depending on where you keep your brain. LOVIES!