Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm On Your What?

Just after I found out Sarah was missing me, I ran into her at a Gallivan concert. Michael Franti, maybe? Anyway. I asked her if she noticed that I posted a post just for her. She said, "Yes, you're on my RSS feed, so I saw it right away!" Thus marks the day that I learned what an RSS feed is. Interesting.

Learning what an RSS feed is should in no way imply that I learned how to use an RSS feed. Technology confuses me. I did start noticing that some websites have an RSS button. For example, you can subscribe to an RSS feed through Netflix that will keep you up to date on their newest releases. I noticed that yesterday, but didn't know how to make it work.

Enter my technologically inclined brother and sister-in-law. We were at Bombay House last night for Maeve's birthday dinner (I also learned about Indian food last night), when I remembered to ask them how to make (? create? use? I don't even know how to talk about technology) an RSS feed. Turns out, you just scroll down to the bottom of a blog, click on where it says "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" and link it right to your iGoogle. (Surprisingly, I do know what iGoogle is, and already had my own set up.)

Kickass! I'll never miss a blog post again. My boss will be so proud.

3 comments:

Sarah Bellum said...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to explain it better. Blame the beer. Anyway, glad you got it!

I'll miss seeing you and your awesome parents every Thursday!

Anonymous said...

It turns out I too am not as technologically challenged as I thought. Only 1 day after learning about RSS I have links to my favorite blogs on my home page.

I'll miss you too Sarah!

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much.