Friday, August 17, 2007

Character Schmaracter

I love the view from my office. Or should I say, loved? While sitting at my desk, I could turn slightly to the left, and see this...There have been so many mornings where I would turn to see my train being illuminated by the sunlight that was gushing over the Wasatch Mountains, and think to myself, "I should take a picture of that!"

Well. I'll never get the chance. My office complex is under new management. And they have decided that we don't need a train. Or trees. We're going to be all parking lot, all the time.

The only good thing about this decision? Two cranes came to remove my train. My grandfather was a crane operator, so cranes have always had a special place in my heart. Not to mention the fact that I act like a five-year-old whenever there is heavy machinery or a helicopter around. What can I say? I'm easily fascinated and entertained.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad. I liked your train and your trees.

Kate said...

What was the train? Welcome back to Blodsville, BTW. I have been waiting for your post!