Thursday, April 26, 2007

Moral Dilemma

My next-door neighbor up and moved out over the weekend because her boyfriend, quote un-quote, went and got psycho on her. But her newspaper still gets delivered. I think she's gone for good, but I suppose it is possible for her to come back.

So the dilemma is this: Can I take her Sunday paper? I want to know what's on sale at Target. Or should I leave it, in case she comes back, and the only thing she has to comfort her in this time of struggle is the Target ad?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to view a dilema such as yours like those late-night scavagers that rummage through what I set out for garbage pick-up the night before... "if it's between the curb and the sidewalk, it's fair game."

-Hillary S. Foole

Anonymous said...

Oooor, you read it but then roll it back up and return it to its original resting place, maybe putting a falllen leaf or something on it so it looks like it's been there a long time. Of course, you keep the Target ad - she's in no mood to shop.
Kate

Weber said...

I totally agree with Kate. I like the fallen leaf touch. Or, just keep the previous weeks paper, roll that up and exchange it for the new paper. She probably would never notice (being distraught and all).

Anonymous said...

Just take the Target ad... no one will know except you, me, the blog, and all blog readers.

Anonymous said...

The right thing to do is take the paper. If she comes back, you tell her "For safety reasons, I helped keep your house free of newspapers so that nobody would think you're not home, thus break into your house". She'll be so moved by this gesture that she'll probably give you money or something.

Travis