Sunday, March 11, 2007

Twenty Again

Brittany and I went to another reggae show on Friday night. Eek A Mouse.

We got to Suede while the opening band, the B Foundation, was playing. I was quite surprised to hear this punk-y, Sublime-ish band opening at a reggae show. And since I was expecting the same old hippie crowd we see at every show, I found it very refreshing that the only people I recognized were Brittany and Charlie the bartender (who, p.s., was wearing a Dixie Chicks shirt that had me laughing my ass off). I commented to Brittany that I felt like we just stepped outside of Salt Lake City, and I liked it. The dread-locked guy in the weird hat covered in mirrors and feathers even made me feel a little like I was on the Jam Cruise, and I liked that even more. Then a guy in a Pennywise t-shirt walked past me as the B Foundation started covering a NOFX song. I flashed back to college. I honestly felt 20 again. It was fantastic. Oi! Oi! Oi!

Oh, yeah. And Eek A Mouse was awesome, too.

No comments: