Friday, March 9, 2007

The Lone Demonstrator

I was just on my way into work and as I was vearing southbound onto 900 East from Van Winkle, I noticed a man standing on the island next to the traffic light. His back was to me. He was holding a sign. Then he started pumping his fist in the air. I thought to myslef, That's a little aggressive for a man who wants my spare change. But as he turned around, still pumping his fist, I caught a glimpse of his sign: "Impeach Bush!" I wish I was driving slow enough to read his reasoning for impeaching Bush at the bottom of his sign.

Really, though. How many Utahns is this one guy on Van Winkle and Ninth going to convince to impeach Bush? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a demonstration more impactful if the demonstrator is in a group of other passionate demonstrators? I feel like some group ought to rally and demonstrate a demonstration for the lone demonstrator.

No comments: