Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Rule and Here's Why:

  • My co-workers kept telling me over and over yesterday that this was the best, most organized, most fun Bowl for Kids' Sake they'd ever been to
  • Savannah and Patrick, who volunteered at Bowler Check In (thanks so much, both of you!!), said they had fun, and Savannah kept telling me about the rave reviews she was hearing about me from my co-workers
  • Our Finance Director was really excited about the fact that even though we were a little bit shy of our goal for day-of, we still brought in three times what last year's day-of brought in
  • The crew at the bowling alley's concession stand told me that they heard so many bowlers who were coming up for their pizza talking about how they were totally having the best time
  • A cameraman from Fox13 showed up and one of our teams from Basic Research, dressed as bunnies, got to say, "We're the Basic Research Bunnies and we're bowling for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah...and ITS RUNGE TIME!" (it should be on tonight - watch for it)
  • Deb and Jason, who volunteered to take pictures from 10:00-6:00 (you two are the best!!), said they had a great time, the whole time
  • Our CEO hugged me...twice, and told me I was doing a great job several times
  • I managed to fill my last three emcee spots at the last minute and didn't have to talk into a microphone once
  • Everyone at Bowl for Kids' Sake seemed to love it, including me - I felt dorkily proud of myself all day yesterday, and still do. Yay me!

There's still St. George and Ogden, but I should be able to go to those and be bossed around, instead of doing the bossing. Ahh...the relief. Its over. For the most part.

2 comments:

Rich said...

I'm so proud!
DAD

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are the special events QUEEN!