Monday, March 12, 2007

Snooze Control

I need help! I have the worst snoozing problem. It used to be really bad. It got better. For a while I even got up on the first buzz, buzz, buzz. I attributed my improvement to being 30. Grown-ups get up on time. But now I'm 30 and five months (today, actually) and its horrible again!

My set-up is this: there is an alarm clock next to my bed that goes off five minutes before the real alarm clock - my preliminary wake-up call. The real alarm clock is across my bedroom inside my closet, so I have to get out of my covers and walk across the room to turn it off. Isn't that supposed to do the trick? Aren't I supposed to be up after that? No. Take today, for example. The preliminary alarm goes off. "Oh, god," I think to myself. Five minutes later, the other alarm goes off. I remember that we just had daylight savings, and justify snoozing because my body thinks its actually 5:30 a.m. I can't get myself into the shower, but I can have an entire internal conversation about daylight savings time and allow myself to snooze for 9 minutes...or 18...or 27...or 36...

How can I stop this from happening? This is not a rhetorical question. I really want your suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, what if there was a compromise? What if you could snooze, but only on the floor NEXT TO your bed? Kate
BTW, this is fun.