Wednesday, July 29, 2009

La Caille. Finally.

I knew I'd done things worth blogging about since June 19th... There was the Arts Fest and 4th of July fireworks on the 5th of July...

But the thing I was logging on to mention today was my first trip to La Caille. Crystal ran a contest for hors-d' ouevres and dessert, and Annie, Sarah, and I qualified. In almost 18 years of living in Salt Lake City, I had never even pulled onto the driveway leading up to the restaurant. Its beautiful! We were seated on the patio, where peacocks, ducks, and a rooster just roam around while you eat. There were baby ducks and baby peacocks that were so cute. The grown-up peacocks were a little intimidating, though - one even helped himself to the bread in our bread basket.

And I tried escargot. I was really hesitant. I mean, it looked like tar coming out of the shell. But, taste...delicious. Still, consistency...disgusting. If I'm ever offered escargot again, I'm thinking consistency might win. But I tried it, and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Brad K. said...

I think because we grew up right by La Caille I have always imagined it as the most amazingly nice, really expensive, ultimate dinning experience that only the likes of "Big T" Thurell Bailey would go to, that everyone knows about but no one goes there. Is that true? Do people that didn't live right by it even know what it is? Is it even that expensive? I'm kind of tripping out right now.

Maeve said...

Brad everyone knows about La Caille!!! It is one of the few 5 star restaurants in Utah and every girl dreams of having her wedding there. The only thing that bugs me is the old lady cleave hanging out of the servers outfits. Yuk. Oh but I do love their Bananas Foster. Delish.

Michelle said...

I am missing your blog posts... this one was done in July, and Today is December 1st. I am sure SOMETHING exciting has happened in your life, right???? You should blog. I like your writing style. :)