Saturday, July 25, 2009

June 19th???

I seriously haven't blogged since June 19th??? I don't think its for lack of blog fodder. I'm sure I've been doing stuff worthy of reporting. Maybe I've been distracted by twitter. Although I haven't tweeted in a while either. Huh. I don't know. But I can be better. I think.

Like, today, for example, I volunteered for the Food Co-op. That was fun. I met Aimee at the warehouse, loaded my trunk with meat, and took it to the park. We unloaded the cars, and then went down the line of food to build the shares. It was a much sweatier job than I anticipated. But I really enjoyed it.

My favorite part was the following conversation:

aimee: Hi. What's your last name?

maeve: Knickerbocker.

aimee [shocked]: Really??? Do you know Jessica???

maeve: I'm Maeve.

aimee: Oh my gosh. I'm so embarrassed. I mean, I knew I knew all of the Knickerbockers. I couldn't believe there was another one in Salt Lake City.

This was right after I was kissing on Miles in the line. I mentioned to Aimee that I was sure she had seen that. She said that she noticed the line was getting a little riled up, thought I was just providing excellent customer service and easing any tension by kissing all the babies. I mean, it does sound like a good tactic.

No comments: