Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Road Rage

Dear Other Drivers on the Freeway,

We're all in a hurry, right? But if you could just back off a little bit, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know if you realize this, but I can only go as fast as the car in front of me. And I'm not totally convinced that putting my front bumper into their trunk is going to encourage them, or anyone in front of them, to speed up. I know it doesn't work on me. I mean, when you come right up behind me and ride my ass, I'm actually inclined to slow down even more. Reason being, I like to provide myself (and you, if I have to) with some reaction time, so that if something unfortunate does happen, I don't literally put my front bumper into someone's trunk. I've been on the receiving end of that ordeal, and it really wasn't cool.

On top of that, if I am going too slow for you, may I point out that there are at least two more lanes to the left of us in which you can pass me. So feel free to change lanes before you get dangerously close to me, and then go ahead and rush by. I'm cool with that.

Thank you,
Jessica

1 comment:

Rich said...

Here, here. I have the same feelings. Maybe you get it from me?