Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday Greetings

Here are the birthday cards I got in the mail this week...

This is actually from someone I know - my Mary Kay Sales Director, Debi. But its totally computer generated and has this weird little baby on it. I don't get it.

This one is also from someone I know. Granted, I know her because she refinanced my condo for me. I did know her before that through the Murray Chamber Women in Business, but I doubt she would have sent me a birthday card before the refinance. What I like about this card is that its the only one that is hand-written and feels personal. Thanks, Nona!

This one is from the fine folks at AppleOne Employment Services. They hand-signed their first names, but no personal notes...

This one is the funniest. The outside says, "Hotel Alpha Papa Papa Yankee Bravo India Romeo Tango Hotel Delta Alpha Yankee." The inside says, "That's fancy aviation talk for 'Happy Birthday' from all of us at Rapid Rewards." If you're a Rapid Rewards member and Southwest has yet to send you your birthday card for this year, I'm sorry to ruin the surprise.

This one is the prettiest. Its pink. Guess who its from... Yup, Mary Kay corporate. Those guys are so thoughtful. Or they have a really good system for keeping track and taking care of their 1.7 million consultants world-wide. Either way, they never cease to amaze me.

That's it. Nothing from aunts or uncles or out of town friends. I'm not complaining. I'm just amused. And thinking I should make more of an effort to remember peeps' birthdays and send actual cards. But I'm not making any promises.

3 comments:

Weber said...

Happy Birthday, Jess! I'm planning to hand deliver my card. Hope you are having a great Day!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica--I got a mass e-mail from BBBSU from a marketing person whose name I didn't recognize--checked the Web site, and sure 'nuff, you're no longer working there--made me curious to know what you're up to, so I Googled you and reconnected with your blog. (Does that all sound kind of cyberstalkery and creepy? Sorry.) I'd forgotten how fun your blog is to read. Anyway, e-mail me if you want to catch up on our post-BBBSU lives: agrove@utah.gov

Cheers,
Alyssa (Hickman Grove, your former officemate)

P.S. Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

A Belated Happy Birthday Jessica! I hope everything is going well! Miss you.

-Marissa Seko