Saturday, April 11, 2009

Observations From South Jordan

Today I took a field trip. I wanted to get some fake gerber daisies for the Mother's Day gift sets I'm putting together. The Mary Kay ladies said that you can't get a better deal than at the Hobby Lobby in South Jordan. I was doing a skin care class at our studio in Sandy today, and figuring that South Jordan wasn't too far from Sandy, I ventured to the Hobby Lobby.

The Hobby Lobby is at 11800 South and 3600 West. Its far. I can honestly say I've never been to that part of the valley before. You know what? The houses there are HUGE. And they all have motor homes and horse trailers parked outside. I even saw a house that looks like a castle. But my favorite was this giant log cabin with a porch swing and horses in the back yard. It looked so cozy.

I also found out that South Jordan has a Pie. And a Market Street. And other things that used to be downtown specialties. And the plane that advertises for the Bees was flying around out there. And I realized that the banner that the plane pulls is like 8 times the size of the plane itself. Which made me wonder how in the heck the plane takes off and lands. I'd like to see that some time.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I went out there once. Once. It felt like another country.

Weber said...

You should try going to Herriman - it feels like you're visiting another Planet.