Monday, March 9, 2009

Skiing Makes My Calves Hurt

I'm clomping around like a zombie or a mummy or whatever clomps when it walks. Bending my knee and rolling my foot forward, like a normal walk, is excruciating.

But we picked the most beautiful day to ski! The sun was shining, the sky was the most amazing blue, the snow was just the way I like it, the company was super fun, and my post-lasik eyes were amazing!!!

It was the Knickerbocker-Johnston Ski Day on Saturday. Dad treated Brad, Maeve, Carly, Ian, Kelsey, and I to a great day at Brighton. Brad skied for the first time since sixth grade, and was actually quite good. (He learned by watching the internet. What else is new?) Kels was skiing for only the second time ever and she did great! I also loved getting to spend some time getting to know her and Ian a little better.

And of course its always so fun to spend the day with my Dad! Thanks so much, Dad! Let us know when you post those photos!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Totally unrelated to skiing - You got Lasik!? How is it? Was it scary? It's on my to-dp list but I'm guessing won't happend for another 5+ years. But I do look forward to not having to deal with contacts or glasses.

Rich said...

You're welcome, Jess. I had a great time with youse kids. I put the photos on my iPhoto, but I'll let you know when I have them downloaded to Flikr. Maybe tonight.

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Ummmmm.....skiing makes my entire body hurt! HAHAHAHA I had so much fun skiing with you guys. Thanks for hanging back with me and teaching me some sweet moves.