Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Big City Living

I've always wanted to live somewhere with good public transit. And last night I got to experience what it might be like. I had my Mary Kay unit meeting in Kaysville, but that tanker thinger fell off that big rig, so the freeway was closed. So I decided to take Front Runner. I knew I was cutting it close time-wise, and of course that's the time when I can't find a parking spot. I finally found one and ran for two blocks in high heels to get to the station. So big city! I got there as people were getting on, and smooshed myself into the train right before the doors closed. Sardine style. I guess a lot of people decided to leave their cars downtown for the night and just get themselves home. The train was super-di-duper crowded. But I loved it. I think I'll use Front Runner more often.

2 comments:

Rich said...

I was waiting to ask how that went for you. I'm glad it worked out. I'm looking forward to using the train myself some time.
Rich

Kate said...

Pretty soon, it will be like Tokyo, and they'll have people assigned to cramming everyone in so the door will shut.